Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Adoption Day!!!


I'm sorry to those of you that follow this blog about my deliquency in posting current updates and pictures. All I can say is I'm a daddy now and bound to make some mistakes...please forgive me!

Today was a great day...it was adoption day!!! The day when Kylie officially became ours forever! The cool thing that we learned is that Kylie will get a brand new birth certificate, with her new name and with our names as her birth parents. That is such an awesome picture of what God does for us when he adopts us as his sons and daughters. Our names are changed as well and all evidence of our previous life is erased and we are completely new!

After the official ceremony, Mommy wanted to commemorate this special day with pain....I mean beauty. Krista wanted to get Kylie's ears pierced. Daddy needed some convincing...but eventually gave in. (I have a feeling that this will become a more common occurrance in my life.) Needless to say, and true to form Kylie did great and looks so pretty. Check the video below for the play by play.


We then decided to head on out to lunch with Krista's family to celebrate the day's events. The most ironic thing happened when the waitress came up to introduce herself..."Hi, my name is Kylie and I'll be your server today." One reason why Krista picked the name Kylie was because it was unique. So either there are a lot more Kylies out there (which I'm sure there are) OR God has a sense of humor? By bet would be a little of both...but more on the second one!!!

What an amazing day!!! God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you guys! We're so happy for all 3 of you. Sounds like quite a day :)

    ReplyDelete